On Friday night, my sister and I went to see Going the Distance. In the movie theater, I was astounded because I saw 50 parallels between the protagonist’s life and my own life. Here are the first 9:
1. Her name was Erin
2. She was a journalist, sort of
3. She lived in Cali and NYC
4. In the first 5 minutes, she said something like, “I’m 31, single, and an intern. I’m going to go get wasted.”
5. She said her “timeline was off.”
6. She sorta lived at home (her sister’s)
7. She was in a LDR (which I’m not in now, but I have had an LDR in the past and it truly sucked)
8. On her last night in NYC, she ate at La Vela on the UWS. That’s where I ate on my first night in NYC! (It was really close to my apt., and not as cheap as in the movie.)
9. An editor suggests she tries blogging.
You should see this film, but not with your mom, as they use the “F” word a lot and there are some sex scenes. Also, shout out to Leighton Meester for making an appearance, as well as The Charlie Day from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He had one moment in a Hitler mustache where he really got to shine.
Next up: My grandma wants me to take her to see The Switch this week. Please let me know in the comments if there is any sex in that. If so, I will try to steer her towards Eat, Pray, Love.